Saturday, November 17, 2012

How to Prevent Makeup Meltdown on a Budget

Okay, I confess,  as a complete and total "Beauty Junkie". I absolutely love anything dealing with skincare, makeup, and fashion. All the money I spend on makeup and beauty products could buy me a used car or a down payment. The thrill  from experimenting with different products, and trying beauty tricks is exciting. Just like when I was a child , I still love to play dress up and being a chocolate complexion, it's hard to find the right color sometimes.


Maybelline Dream Matte in Cocoa

I've used Mac, I'm NW45. I used to only use studio fix creme, would get a bump here or there. Last time I got liquid and powder and my face broke out. I also couldn't find a good gloss shade. So upset about spending the amount of money, that I did and couldn't even use the product that was $100 down the drain.

ELF Mist & Set
For years I was alternating between Mac studio fix foundation creme and Maybelline Matte Mousse in  Cocoa. This is my first year trying liquid foundations. I like the sheer coverage it gives. while I like Maybelline Mousse. I have combination skin and I sweat a lot. So, I have major meltdowns. I mean like a 'Grilled Cheese' meltdown! Especially at the club, because I always have to get my dance groove on and work up a sweat.... OKAY!!!

Colorstay Foundation in Caramel



Fortunately, for my inquisitive nature, a few youtube videos and other reviews. I was wondering why so many of the ladies on the channels, I'm subscribed to rave about Revlon's Colorstay. So, I decided to put it to the test. Me and my girls went out for my cousins birthday and we danced all night.  I also used E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist and Set. Guess what no melt down, sweat poured, I blotted my face, voila no makeup came off on the napkin, I was astonished, and I'm totally in love for now, till I find something else that works...Yay!!! no more melt downs.

Elf Studio Mist & Set:
Pros: sets makeup, Dewey glow on dry skin
Cons: bad smell, shiny on oily skin, nozzle could be better

Purchase these and similar items here BS Shop


What's your favorite Foundation or setting spray?