Friday, December 28, 2012

Winter Hair care

There's nothing like cold weather to wreck havoc on your tresses. The Winter weather dries out the cuticles, causing ends to become harsh and brittle. The best thing to do to during the winter months is moisturize, moisturize and you guessed it moisturize. 
My Hair Texture  may be considered 3C hair was thin around  temple, used Jamaican Black Castor oil to make them grow back in .Jamaican Black Castor oil , 
My hair is natural curly and my hair type is a 3c 4A,Find your hair type or  which tends to get pretty dry in its natural state. I first went natural in 2004, went about a year broke down and started feening for the creamy crack. Then in 08 went back natural, for a couple years, wanted a cut, got a relaxer, not realizing how long my hair was, made the biggest mistake in 2010. The stylist hesitated to cut my hair in oing so cut it 3 x's at once and I had to go to someone else to fix it. I went right back natural. 2010 thru last summer 2011, I was in a Hair Show and got like a 10-15 min stretch, the stylist skipped clipping my end. My hair split from the ends down had to do a big chop. SMH I know.

Renpure Keratin Treatment & clip ins blended ok
So here I am back to natural, I do a 14 day Renpure Keratin once every 2-3 months it straightens, but doesn't last long and roots lift once moisture hits, I am currently looking for a longer lasting one, I 'll post a review as soon as I find one. I usually wear a protective style, such as a sew in, braids or every once in a while a wig. I get easily bored with my hair and weave is easier for me to style. 

My hair is almost back to it's length. I use all or mostly organic natural products on my hair to wash, condition, and moisturize. Chemical and paraben free. some of my styling products contain natural ingredients, but are not 100% natural. 

My Regimen: 
I shampoo bi-weekly I use  Alba Hawaiian Coconut Milk Shampoo. A conditioning paraben/ sulfate free cleanser with lots of moisture.


Condition with Hawaiian Hair Conditioner Coconut Milk Extra Rich 



So here I am back to natural, I do a 14 day Renpure Keratin once every 2-3 months it straightens, but doesn't last long and roots lift once moisture hits, I am currently looking for a longer lasting one, I 'll post a review as soon as I find one. I usually wear a protective style, such as a sew in, braids or every once in a while a wig. I get easily bored with my hair and weave is easier for me to style. 

Conditioning Masque: Once a month I use an organic hair masque from butters-n-bars.com, I use Ayurvedic hair care by adding a paste mix of Amla & Brahmi powder, I put the masque mixture  over the Coconut milk conditioner. Leave on for several hours or overnight. Hair feels like butter baby & curls are poppington. Love It! 
Butters-N-Bars.com
I buy this from whole foods, but u can also purchase off the site

Ayurvedic makes hair grow longer, adds density 
does same as Amla also slows premature graying making hair darker and fuller
Co-wash Every other day with V05 smoothie conditioner, My preference is Cantu Conditioning Shea Butter Cream. I add a squirt of an oil mixture, that I make which consist of organic natural cold pressed oils fill 1/2 bottle of Coconut oil, 1-2 tbsp each of Grapeseed, Hemp Seed, Avocado, tee tree, olive, Jojoba, Kukui,  Argan oils, Aloe vera juice, msm, Jamaican Black Castor oil,& Macadamia nut oil.

I also make a hair cream by blending the above oil mixture, with raw organic Shea, Mango, and Cocoa butters, more aloe vera juice and I add Lavender essential oil and vanilla for scent. Products containing these ingredients will work just as well. 

In addition I use a daily Aloe Vera Spritzer leaves hair super soft and clip ends every 6-8 weeks, wrap hair with satin or silk scarf or bonnet.
I take hair vitamins daily for rapid growth & healthy hair, skin & nails. These are great for all types of hair.
Hairfinity Vitamins

My hair is almost back to it's length. I use all or mostly organic natural products on my hair to wash, condition, and moisturize. Chemical and paraben free. All of my styling products contain natural ingredients, but some are not 100% natural such as when I straighten I use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine and helps smooth. I'm trying to find other brands that are all natural, and just right for my hair. Overall I love my natural curly hair.